21 March 2013
Hello to All,
I would like to start by saying thanks to all for giving me such a warm welcome as your new SEC. It is a pleasure to work with such a fascinating and diverse group. I have enjoyed meeting those of you that I have had the pleasure of seeing at the Hamfests that Keith N9DGK and I have traveled to. I look forward to meeting more of you in the future as for our agenda is full of travels that will have us from one end of the state to the other. The next event will have us at Union City TN attending the Ides of March Hamfest on March 23rd. I hope to see some of you there.
The first quarter has been very busy. I have been in the process of looking at the ARES records that were passed to me. I have looked through numerous appointments and have decided that there is room to enhance our ARES program just a bit more. I am creating a section training officer position to help identify, organize and establish a standardized training criterion for ARES from the EC through ASEC positions for the Tennessee Section.
I would like to announce the appointment of ASEC-ARES Training officer (ATO) that will be filled by Rick Rogers (K4AMT). Rick lives in East TN and has served as the former DEC for District 8. Some of Rick’s duties will be to inform new appointees of their job requirements along with being able to offer his assistance in training enhancements, drills and set exercises. He will also be available for you to contact if you have any other questions pertaining to training. I would ask for you all to welcome Rick and support him in this new position.
Thank you all for what you do and for reading our post. Have a very blessed day and until next time,
73 de KI4OAS.
03 March 2011 - It is my privilege to announce the appointment of Mark McDougal, K4YN as the District 10 Emergency Coordinator. Mark has made significant contributions to Ham Radio in the area of Repeaters and Repeater Networking and he will be a great asset to our team.
In addition it is my pleasure to announce the appointment of Shirley Brown, K4RNX as the assistant Emergency Coordinator for District 10. Shirley will be Mark’s assistant and she will assist Mark in supporting the County Emergency Coordinators in District 10.
I look forward to working with both Mark and Shirley and help them build District 10 and develop a group of professional Emergency Communicators.
– Mike Harris, N4ULM
ARRL Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator, Middle Tennessee
25 July 2010 – Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator – Interoperability Robert “Bob” Bruce Warren Scott, W4ROX / AAR4HX / AAM4TN passed from this life becoming a silent key. Those that did not know Bob may have heard him filling in on a Monday night session of the HF Tennessee Combined Traffic ARES Net.
In addition to filling a valuable roll in the ARES Section Cabinet Bob served an as valuable roll in Army MARS as Assistant State Army MARS Director plus serving as Deputy Coordinator of ACS (Auxiliary Communication Service) for Hamilton County, TN.
73, Lowell WD4DJW
TN ARES SEC
29 March, 2010 - Shawn Stoddard, KG4OVQ appointed as SEC – Administration. Shawn is a previous EC for Hamilton County and has most recently been the DEC for District 8. Shawn will be compiling the monthly reports and forwarding them on to the ARRL so that our activities will show up in QST.
24 March, 2010 - Danny Herman, K4DHT ADEC for District 9 appointed as DEC. Danny has been serving as the EC for Johnson County. Previously Danny was the DEC and had to step down to provide care for Mary. We are saddened by Danny’s loss and glad to have Danny back.
Frank Metcalfe, AA4AE EC for Montgomery County appointed as DEC District 11. Frank is very active in South BEARS and TN ARMY MARS.
23 March, 2010 - Mike Otis, K0TIS resigned as DEC District 9 due to health reasons. Thank you Mike for your service and help leading us through some challenges.
20 January 2010 – Mark Wills, AG4OA has resigned as Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator – Administration for health reasons. Previously Mark served as ASEC – Special Projects. Thank you, Mark, for your service.
19 January 2010 – This is to announce staffing of District Emergency Coordinator and the creation of two (2) new Districts.
- District 1 (West TN), Dwayne Duncan, KD4KDF. Dwayne recently upgraded his license to General class and has completed ICS-100 and ICS-200. He was formerly the EC for Haywood County.
- District 2 (West TN), Jamie Hall, WB4YDL is continuing.
- District 3 (West TN), Miles Rhodes, KD4NHN. Miles has completed the ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700 and ICS-800 courses and has been active for a number of years in the WTARS.
In Middle TN we formerly had three (3) Districts, now there are five (5).
- District 4 (Middle TN), Vacant. This district now includes Cannon, Cheatham, Davidson, Macon, Rutherford, Trousdale, Williamson and Wilson Counties.
- District 5 (Middle TN), Steve Haber, N1LHW. Steve served as the DEC of our former District 5 which was much larger. This district now includes Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Grundy, Lincoln, Marshall and Moore Counties.
- District 6 (Middle TN), John O’Conner, KD4WST. John continuing and the counties in his district are not changed.
- District 10 (Middle TN), Vacant, This district now includes Giles, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Maury, Perry and Wayne Counties.
- District 11 (Middle TN), Vacant, This district now includes Dickson, Houston, Humphreys, Montgomery, Robertson, Stewart and Sumner Counties.
In East TN at this time nothing has changed.
- District 7 (East TN), Shawn Stoddard, KG4OVQ is continuing.
- District 8 (East TN), Rick Rogers, K4AMT is continuing.
- District 9 (East TN), Mike Otis, K0TIS is continuing.
If anyone is interested in being considered to fill any of the vacant DEC positions please contact Lowell Bennington, WD4DJW Tennessee ARRL/ARES Section Emergency Coordinator.
73 Lowell, WD4DJW